- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
The NCCAM is one of the 27 institutes and centers that make up the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This Web site includes information on specific diseases, treatments, and herbal therapies.
- About Aromatherapy from the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy
Provides basic information on aromatherapy, essential oils, and safety precautions.
DrugDigest offers a library of common herbs and supplements including their uses, cautions, and side effects. It is provided by Express Scripts, Inc. (ESI), an independent pharmacy benefit manager.
HerbMed is an interactive, electronic database that contains scientific information about the use of herbs for health. It is provided by the nonprofit Alternative Medicine Foundation, Inc.
- Hepatitis Neighborhood: Herbs to Avoid
Includes information on herbs known to cause health problems, including liver disease. (Free registration required)
- Stress Management from Mind Tools
A guide to stress management, with information on yoga, visualization, meditation, and more.
- Yoga Site's Frequently Asked Questions about Yoga
Information on the yoga basics.