for Veterans and the Public
Your next steps
Finding out that you have hepatitis C can be scary and overwhelming. If you feel overwhelmed, try to remember that you can get help and that these feelings will get better with time.
- Hepatitis C does not mean bad health problems or death. Over half of people with hepatitis C will never have any health problems from it.
- Learning how to live with hepatitis C and getting in touch with a health care team that knows how to manage it will help you to feel better and get on with your life.
- You are not alone. Probably between 3 and 5 million people are living with hepatitis C in the United States.
The following are steps to take if you have been diagnosed with hepatitis C:
- Understand Your Diagnosis
- Telling Others and Finding Support
- Working with Your Doctor
- Treatment Options for Hepatitis C