for Veterans and the Public
Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Following is a list of suggested questions to ask your doctor about hepatitis C treatment. You can print this page, add your own questions if you want to, and take the list with you to your doctor appointments. Preparing for your doctor visits in advance will help you to make sure all of your questions and concerns are addressed.
Doctor's Phone Number:
Other Emergency Phone Number:
- Do I need to start treatment?
- What is my genotype and how can it affect my treatment outcome?
- What is my viral load and how can it affect my treatment outcome?
- What kind of treatment should I receive?
- How long will treatment last?
- Do I have any other conditions that will complicate treatment?
- Should I be tested for hepatitis A and B?
- Do I need a liver biopsy?
- What medications should I avoid while I am on treatment?
- What precautions do I need to take while I am on treatment?
- How often will I have doctor appointments?
- What tests will I need to take?
- How will treatment affect my daily life? Will treatment affect my ability to work?
- What side effects will I have?
- Are there any long-term risks from treatment?
- Other questions you want to ask: