for Veterans and the Public
What are the benefits and risks?
Before you start a clinical trial, you should think about the positive and negative things that may happen.
- You may get frequent free checkups from hepatitis C specialists.
- You can get free medicine.
- You can get new medicine that is not yet available from your regular doctor and may work better than the old medicine.
- You may learn a lot about your hepatitis C disease and how to take care of yourself.
- You may help medical researchers to find better treatments for all patients with hepatitis C.
- You may have side effects from the medicine that you did not expect.
- You may have to have frequent office visits, blood tests, and other medical exams.
- You may not get better from the treatment.