for Veterans and the Public
What if the virus was cleared from your blood?
Here are some things to consider after you've finished treatment, and the virus was cleared from your blood:
- Ask for liver function tests every 6 months or every year.
- Ask your doctor about a viral load test if your liver tests become abnormal.
It is likely that the hepatitis C virus is no longer in your blood. Data suggest that you will stay virus free indefinitely.
- Try to keep yourself healthy by:
- eating well
- not drinking alcohol or using drugs
- getting plenty of rest
- staying active and exercising
- Keep your appointments with your doctor and get regular checkups.