Publications and Products
Hepatitis A Virus
The PDF contains 10 double-sided wallet cards, which can be printed from one sheet, and includes guides for print margins and cutting. The card gives the following details:
Hepatitis A virus
- Is found in an infected person's stool.
- Enters your body through your mouth.
- Can be spread by:
- Touching something contaminated, then putting your hands in your mouth.
- Eating food or water that is contaminated--even if it looks clean.
- Sexual contact with the anus.
- Symptoms can include nausea, diarrhea, stomach pain, and yellowing skin (jaundice).
- Goes away in a few weeks or months.
- Can be prevented with a vaccine.
- Can be prevented by washing your hands before eating and after using the toilet.