for Veterans and the Public
What should I do if I test positive? - Hepatitis C for Patients
Treatments are able to cure most people of hepatitis C.
The most important things you can do right now are:
- Talk to your health care provider about the treatment options.
- Make sure you show up to your medical appointments.
- Follow your provider's instructions about lifestyle, diet and nutrition, and treatment.
- Learn as much as you can about hepatitis C and how to take care of yourself.
- Ask for help or support when you need it.
Being diagnosed with hepatitis C can be overwhelming, but remember that you are not alone. Your provider is there to help you, answer your questions, and refer you to sources of support if you need them (such as support groups or counselors).
For details on next steps, go to Just Diagnosed.