for Health Care Providers
Evaluating Liver Test Abnormalities: Understanding the Pathophysiology of Liver Disease
Go to Online Course
This self-directed web course is tailored to providers who are non-liver specialists, particularly mid-level healthcare providers. The aim of the course is to provide a practical approach to the evaluation of abnormal liver chemistries in the context of a broad understanding of the pathophysiology of liver injury.
Upon completion, the participants will be able to:
- Review anatomy and histology of the normal liver.
- Describe two predominant patterns of liver disease based on the results of routine liver tests
- Provide common differential diagnosis for each pattern of liver injury
- Initiate appropriate investigations based on the pattern of liver injury
- Recognize clinical manifestations of hepatic failure
- Identify patients with liver disease that require hospitalization