for Health Care Providers
- VHA Removes the Requirement for Documentation of Oral Informed Consent to Tests for Hepatitis B Virus and Hepatitis C Virus
VHA Notice 2017-38; Amendment of Veterans Health Administration Handbook 1004.1. May 22, 2017
- May is National Hepatitis Awareness Month
This campaign runs through the month of May, with Hepatitis Testing Day on May 19.
- Direct-Acting Antiviral Agents for HCV Treatment and Liver Safety Issues
National Bulletin, VA Pharmacy Benefits Management Services; March 2017.
- HIV, Hepatitis, and Related Conditions Program Annual Report 2016
A report on advances in caring for Veterans living with HIV or viral hepatitis. Veterans Health Administration.
- FDA Warns about the Risk of Hepatitis B Reactivating in Some Patients Treated with Direct-Acting Antivirals for Hepatitis C
U.S. Food and Drug Administration; October 4, 2016
- Guidelines for the Treatment of Hepatitis B (AASLD Practice Guidelines).
Terrault NA, Bzowej NH, Chang KM, et al. Approved by the AASLD on August 1, 2015.
- Screening Pregnant Women for Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Infection
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, March 2015
Prenatal HBsAg testing guide and algorithm
- Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment of Hepatitis B Virus Infection (HBV)
Information Letter IL 10-2014-18; December 30, 2014
- Screening for and Prevalence of Hepatitis B Virus Infection Among High-Risk Veterans Under the Care of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: A Case Report
Backus LI, Belpario PS, Loomis TP, et al. Ann Intern Med. 2014;161(12):926-928; December 16, 2014
- National Viral Hepatitis Program
VHA Directive 1300.01, February 22, 2013