for Health Care Providers
- Evaluating Liver Test Abnormalities: Web Course
Self-directed web course from the VA Hepatitis C Resource Centers tailored to providers who are non-liver specialists, particularly mid-level healthcare providers.
A free, online CME course to help improve first-line providers' knowledge and clinical skills in hepatology. Physicians will learn which patients to screen for liver diseases, how to screen, what to do in the patient with positive serologies, what to tell the patient, and how to decide who is a candidate for therapy.(AASLD; Apr 8, 2014)
- Hepatitis C Online Course
A self-study, interactive course from the University of Washington and the International Antiviral Society-USA (IAS-USA).
- Hepatitis Web Study
Interactive, case-based modules related to the clinical care of persons with viral hepatitis, from the University of Washington.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Continuing Education
CDC-sponsored online continuing education activities, including accredited CME, CEU, and CNE programs.
- Projects in Knowledge: Initiative in Infectious Diseases
Continuing education modules on hepatitis C and HIV/HCV coinfection.
Related Journal Articles
- Organizational Change in Management of Hepatitis C: Evaluation of a CME Program
Garrard J, et al. Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, 2006 (2) Spring; 26:145-160.