for Veterans and the Public
Resources - Cirrhosis for Patients
Here are some information sources you can trust if you want to know more about liver disease and its treatment:
- VA Patient Fact Sheet This short fact sheet provides a brief overview of cirrhosis for patients.
- Ascites Patient Fact Sheet
- Eating tips for people with cirrhosis
- Alcohol and Liver Disease (video)
This 4-minute video was created for general education on alcohol use for people who have liver disease.
- American Liver Foundation
This website provides information and links to benefits and resources.
- Hepatitis and Liver Disease: What You Need to Know A book written by Melissa Palmer, MD, for readers without a medical background, available at no cost from the American Liver Foundation website, or call 1-800-GO-LIVER (1-800-465-4837).