for Veterans and the Public
Getting Tested - Hepatitis C for Patients
You can view this section one screen at a time, or view it on a single page, by clicking "Getting Tested: Entire Lesson" in box at right.
Hepatitis C Menu
Hepatitis C for Patients
- Getting Tested
- What is hepatitis C?
- What are the symptoms?
- What happens to people with hepatitis C?
- Should I get tested?
- What tests do I need?
- Where can I get tested?
- Must I answer personal questions?
- Is there counseling?
- How long after exposure does it take to test positive?
- Can test results be wrong?
- What should I do if I test positive?
- What should I do if I test negative?
- Just Diagnosed
- Understand your diagnosis
- Telling others and finding support
- Working with your doctor
- Treatment options for hepatitis C
- HIV coinfection
- What is coinfection?
- Why is it an issue?
- Concerns with coinfection
- How can HIV affect me?
- How can hepatitis C affect me?
- Will hepatitis C affect HIV treatments?
- Will HIV affect hepatitis C treatment?
- Passing HIV or hepatitis C through sex
- Passing HIV or hepatitis C through drugs
- Is there a cure for HIV or hepatitis C?
- How to slow down infections
- Understanding Lab Tests
- Tests of liver function
- Tests of hepatitis C
- Associated lab tests
- Understanding liver biopsy
- Success Stories